Thursday, October 13, 2011


 Reflective Blog #1

Always Learning: Teaching Technology Abroad
http://kimcofino.com/blog/
The blog is about a teacher named Kim Cofino and her experiences as an international technology teacher. She uses examples and stories from her classroom. She updates her blog with a new post at least once a week. Her blog design is simple. There are a few menus for links to popular posts, comments, and other social networks. There are a few random pictures with colleagues and of herself. The blog doesn't have a lot of color or personality. It is a basic, simple informative blog. The blog contains a lot of useful information about using technology in schools. I liked it, however, I feel like it needs more color or pictures rather than tons of words. I would recommend this blog for research purposes.


The Innovated Educator
http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/
The blog has a tools and information on how to collaborate technology with the classroom. The design has a simple background with many useful informative gadgets and links. I like the amount of information that there is available. The inclusion of pictures, videos and graphics makes the page more interesting to read through.
I would recommend  this blog as a resource in wanting to be an "innovative educator".


The Greatest Social Studies Blog In The World
http://moranmustangs.org/
A social studies class in Connecticut uses a blog as part of their classroom curriculum. The blog has several pages to view posts from each student and their assignments. There is a neat gadget that shows who has visited the site and from where. It is a great example in how to administer a class blog in a social studies class. I would use this as a tool for parents to know what their student is learning in and outside of class.


21st Century Educational Technology and Learning: Welcome To The Future
http://21centuryedtech.wikispaces.com/
This blog is used for links and resources in preparation for 21st advanced curriculum. The blogger has "attempted to illustrate how technology, real world application, and educational innovation must be included for transformation to occur" in the 21st century. It would be useful if you are interested in knowing what to expect in our future as a teacher however I'd rather not know. There's a lot going on with lots of links and diagrams and such that it can be overwhelming. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to other educators unless they have an interest in specific 21st century technology.


So You Want To Teach
http://www.soyouwanttoteach.com/
This blog has a lot of useful information on being a teacher like specific subjects, classroom management, and technology. Although there is a lot going on with pictures, gadgets, and fonts which makes it look busy, the blog is very informative and fun. I would use it and recommend it to others.

10 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love the pinball game :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gadgets and your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're background is so....teachery! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the background!!! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your background and your articles! Cute gadgets as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Greatest social studies blog you posted. Its really awesome they use it in class. I love your background, very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked it Jessica! Your page is awesome! Love the apple and background color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog!! Love the background. Great choice on the pinball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of template theme and layout. Your pinball gadget is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the apple layout for your blog. I also like the blog which talks about 21st century technology and the incorporation of cells phones into instruction especially since most of the time schools ban the use of them AT ALL! I think it would be interesting to work them in somehow without creating too many distractions.

    ReplyDelete